Chat with a LIVE Child Support Specialist 

Modify an Order FAQ

Yes, but you may be entitled to a reduced support order if you lost your job through no fault of your own. Please contact our office as soon as possible to advise us that you lost your job and request a review of your support order.

Only the court has the jurisdiction to change your custody and child support order. However, our office can help with your child support order. When there is a change in visitation or custody of the child, please contact our office to request a review of your court order. For assistance with your custody order, please consult your attorney or contact the Riverside Superior Court’s Family Law Assistance Center if you are not represented by an attorney.

Even though the other parent has a second family, it does not mean that his or her responsibility to the first family goes away. However, the amount of the support order can be affected because he/she has the responsibility for supporting another child (ren). You must be notified first and given an opportunity to provide information before your support order can be changed.